Frolics of Hope Africa is an organization whose aim is to offer Rescue, Reporting, Rehabilitation, Reintegration, and Repatriation services for children who have gone through violence, abuse, kidnapping and trafficking, early marriage, and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT:
The Digital Videographer Intern is responsible for assisting the Digital Branding Manager in the production of video and photo content and management of moving images and still images on social media platforms to increase the brand visibility of Frolics of Hope Africa.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide video coverage for all Frolics of Hope Africa forums and other events
- Work closely with the Digital Branding Manager to determine best practices and desired results
- Manage moving image social media channels (Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok) and assist with the distribution of video content across all social platforms
- Ability to show good judgment, strong attention to detail, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using social media for marketing
- Proven ability to shoot and edit video
- Conscientious punctuality for events and to meet deadlines
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available on short notice
- Ability to communicate professionally over the phone and email
- Flexibility to work select special events and screenings days, nights, and weekends
- Ability to secure own transportation to and from assignments
- Please provide relevant video samples along with resumé or link to online portfolio
Agree to the following terms and conditions, if hired:
Grant Frolics of Hope Africa permission to use, reproduce, and alter any portion of the videos provided for Frolics of Hope Africa’s promotional and internal use which includes but is not limited to, Frolics of Hope Africa’s website, social media, printed materials, and presentations.
- Build your videography portfolio
- Opportunity to work behind the scenes and experience the unique 5R model of Child Protection at Frolics of Hope Africa
- Class credit (if applicable)
- Positive reference upon completion of successful internship
- References should speak to the applicant’s sense of camaraderie, integrity, professionalism, responsibility, and flexibility
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: March 20 – Sept 30, 2023
Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Digital Videography Intern in the subject line.
Frolics of Hope Africa is an equal-opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.